HB1204, a bill that would put severe restrictions on the use of drones by government officials within the state of Missouri, was introduced earlier this year. It passed the House by a 109-44 margin. It is now headed to the Senate General Laws Committee where it will need to pass by a majority before it can receive a vote from the full senate.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support HB1204.
1. Call the Committee Chair, Jane Cunningham. Strongly, but respectfully urge her to move this important bipartisan bill forward to a vote in her committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB1204. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Brian Nieves (R) Vice Chair (573) 751-3678
Brian Munzlinger (R) (573) 751-7985
Chuck Purgason (R) (573) 751-1882
Ron Richard (R) (573) 751-2173
Luann Ridgeway (R) (573) 751-2547
Rob Schaaf (R) (573) 751-2183
S. Kiki Curls (D) (573) 751-3158
Robin Wright-Jones (D) (573) 751-2606
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB1204. It is essential for MO citizens to be protected from invasive drone spying. Passing HB1204 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Wisconsin Legislator Plans to Introduce Raw Milk Bill for 2016 - November 24, 2015
- New Hampshire Committee Approves Bill to Curb “Policing for Profit” via Asset Forfeiture, Federal Loophole Remains - November 17, 2015
- Massachusetts Bill to Facilitate the Production and Distribution of Raw Milk Receives Committee Hearing - November 11, 2015