HB2158, a bill that would put severe restrictions on the use of drones by government officials within the state of Pennsylvania, was introduced on Apr. 7 by Rep. Gordon Denlinger (R-99). It was promptly referred to the Judiciary Committee where it will need to pass through a majority before it can be voted upon by the whole house.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support HB2158.
1. Call the Committee Chair, Ron Marsico. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bipartisan bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB2158. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Thomas R. Caltagirone (D) Democratic Chair (717) 787-3525
Brian Cutler (R) Subcommittee Chair on Family Law (717) 783-6424
Glen R. Grell (R) Subcommittee Chair on Courts (717) 783-2063
Timothy Krieger (R) Subcommittee Chair on Crime & Corrections (717) 260-6146
Sheryl M. Delozier (R) (717) 783-5282
Brian Ellis (R) (717) 787-7686
Joseph T. Hackett (R) (717) 260-6168
Mark Keller (R) (717) 783-1593
Bernie O’Neill (R) (717) 705-7170
Mike Regan (R) (717) 783-8783
Todd Rock (R) (717) 783-5218
Rick Saccone (R) (717) 260-6122
Marcie Toepel (R) (717) 787-9501
Tarah Toohill (R) (717) 260-6136
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB2158. It is essential for PA citizens to be protected from invasive drone spying. Passing HB2158 will help make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- To the Governor: Delaware Bill Expands Medical Marijuana Program Despite Federal Prohibition - June 22, 2018
- New Jersey Bills Would Legalize Marijuana; Foundation to Nullify Federal Prohibition - June 19, 2018
- Signed as Law: Louisiana Expands Medical Marijuana Program Despite Federal Prohibition - June 13, 2018