S 0839 is a bill which would authorize the farming and production of hemp in South Carolina, effectively nullifying the federal prohibition on the same.
STATUS The bill has been passed unanimously by the Senate. Now, it is up for debate in the House this week.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW to make sure the legislation has the support it needs to move forward. Here is what you need to do to make sure that growing industrial hemp becomes a reality in South Carolina:
1. Call the House Leadership: Be strong, but respectful. Urge them to support S 0839. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. Be strong, but respectful. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call them back in a few days. It is important that you call because a phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
Speaker: Bobby Harrell (803) 734-3125
Majority Leader: Bruce W. Bannister (803) 734-3138
Minority leader: J. Todd Rutherford (803) 734-9441
Again, make sure to contact them with a phone call rather than an email.
2. Call your House Representative. Be strong, but respectful. Urge your Congressman to support S 0839. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call them back in a few days. It is important that you call because a phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
You can find your legislator’s contact information by clicking HERE
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us with any information you get.
4. on Twitter? Retweet
5. Write a letter to the editor Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for S 0839. Following strong legal principles, it’s essential that South Carolina gets the okay to grow Industrial Hemp. S 0839 will start that process.
6. Report Back. Tell us how your actions went. Click the button below
Latest posts by Jill Pyeatt (see all)
- South Carolina Alert: Call Your Representative About Industrial Hemp - May 6, 2014
- Louisiana Action Alert:Stop Warrantless Drone Spying - April 29, 2014