Tennessee House Bill 421 (HB421) would reform asset forfeiture laws to prohibit the state from taking property without a criminal conviction. The legislation also takes on federal forfeiture programs by banning prosecutors from circumventing state laws by passing cases off to the feds in most situations. (learn more here)
The bill must pass the House Civil Justice Subcommittee to receive a vote in the full House. The subcommittee is set to take a vote on the bill at a March 15th meeting so PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS to support this important bill right now.
1. Call the House Civil Justice Subcommittee Chair, Mike Carter. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
Carter: (615) 741-3025
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bills forward and vote YES on HB421.
3. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Illinois Bill Would Give Voters Opportunity to Legalize Marijuana; Foundation to Nullify Federal Prohibition - January 22, 2018
- Mississippi Bills Would Take Steps Toward Nullifying Federal Marijuana Prohibition in Effect - January 18, 2018
- West Virginia Bills Would Terminate Common Core in the State - January 15, 2018