House Bill 4430 (HB4430) was introduced in the Michigan House to ban “material support or resources” for warrantless federal surveillance programs, an essential step for states to take in a time when the federal government seems unlikely to ever end their own spying. (learn more here)
It must be approved by the House Judiciary before it can move forward. Please take the following actions in support!
1. Call the House Judiciary Committee Chair, Jim Runestad. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. Please thank him for co-sponsoring the legislation and for all of his work on privacy legislation while serving in the legislature as well. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
Runestad: (517) 373-2616
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to vote YES on HB4430.
Lana Theis Vice Chair (R) (517) 373-1784
Martin Howrylak (R) thank him for sponsoring the bill! (517) 373-1783
Tristan Cole (R) 517-373-0829
Pamela Hornberger (R) (517) 373-8931
Beau LaFave (R) (517) 373-0156
Tim Greimel (D) (517) 373-0475
Rose Mary Robinson (D) thank her for cosponsoring the bill! (517) 373-1008
Vanessa Guerra (D) (517) 373-0152
William Sowerby (D) (517) 373-0159
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- New Jersey Bill Would Legalize Marijuana; Foundation to Nullify Federal Prohibition - March 21, 2018
- New Hampshire House Passes Bill to Allow Caregivers to Grow Medical Marijuana - March 8, 2018
- Missouri Measure Would Put Marijuana Legalization on the Ballot; Foundation to Nullify Federal Prohibition - February 27, 2018