This is the Tenth Amendment related legislation we are currently tracking in the Pennsylvania legislature. If you become aware of additional Tenth Amendment legislative activity, please let us know.
Asserting State Prerogatives under the Tenth Amendment
- HR49 – State Sovereignty Resolution – Representative SWANGER – Referred to STATE GOVERNMENT, Feb 1, 2011.
- SR9 – State Sovereignty Resolution – Senator SCARNATI - Referred to STATE GOVERNMENT, Jan 12, 2011.
Health Care Freedom – Asserting Tenth Amendment Authority over Health Care
- HB42 – An Act providing for the rights of individuals to purchase private health care insurance; and prohibiting certain governmental action. – Representative BAKER – Re-committed to APPROPRIATIONS, Feb 8, 2011.
- SB3 – An Act amending Title 40 (Insurance) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for compliance with Federal health care legislation. – Senator D. WHITE – Re-referred to APPROPRIATIONS, March 1, 2011.
- SB10 – A Joint Resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, providing for health care services. – Senator SCARNATI – Referred to BANKING AND INSURANCE, Jan 21, 2011.
- SB220 – An Act amending Title 40 (Insurance) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for health insurance coverage not required. – Senator FOLMER – Referred to BANKING AND INSURANCE, Jan 21, 2011.
Protecting Pennsylvanians from Unconstitutional TSA Intrusions
- HR16 – A Resolution memorializing Congress to address concerns raised by security screening methods employed by the Transportation Security Administration. – Representative TALLMAN – Referred to STATE GOVERNMENT, Jan 20, 2011.
- HB852 – An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for indecent assault during the course of body search. – Representative TALLMAN – Referred to STATE GOVERNMENT, Feb 28, 2011.
Protecting Pennsylvanians’ privacy from Unconstitutional National ID requirements
- SB354 – An Act relating to compliance with the Federal REAL ID Act of 2005. – Senator FOLMER – Referred to COMMUNICATIONS AND TECHNOLOGY, Feb. 1, 2011.
Protecting Pennsylvanians’ right to bear arms from Commerce Clause scope creep
- HB752 – An Act prohibiting certain firearms, firearm accessories or ammunition from being subject to Federal law or Federal regulation. – Representative GABLER – Referred to JUDICIARY, Feb 17, 2011.
Latest posts by Steve Palmer (see all)
- Action Alert: NDAA Non-Compliance Bill, SB999, Needs Support in the PA Senate - January 13, 2014
- Does US Life Expectancy Data Discredit For-Profit Health Care? - December 9, 2013
- A Retrospective View of Articles from the PA Tenth Amendment Center - December 2, 2013