Great article by Gary North last Friday. Here’s an excerpt:
I begin with a premise: “If a federal law is not in conformity to the judicial principles and precedents in American colonial law in 1788, it is unconstitutional, unless a Constitutional amendment has authorized it.” This is simple to understand. It means that the Constitution was intended by the Framers to be the source of fundamental law restricting politicians and judges who hold office in the United States government. The Constitution was ratified by voters on that basis in 1787-88. That which is not authorized by the Constitution is prohibited.
Conservatives say they believe this. But do they?
The Constitution of the United States does not authorize the following:
1. Federal laws against pornography
2, Federal laws against alcohol
3. Federal laws against drugs
4. Federal laws against homosexuality
5. Federal laws against abortion
Social conservatives must decide: federal laws prohibiting any of the Big Five vs. Constitutional law.
The Constitution of the United States also does not authorize the following:
1. Federal laws legalizing local pornography
2, Federal laws legalizing local alcohol
3. Federal laws legalizing local drugs
4. Federal laws legalizing local homosexuality
5. Federal laws legalizing local abortion
Social liberals must decide: federal laws legalizing any of the Big Five locally vs. Constitutional law.
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Texas Bullion Depository Closer to Becoming a Reality - May 24, 2016
- Missouri House committee capitulates to feds on REAL ID. Can Still be Stopped. - April 11, 2016
- On REAL ID, DHS Caves Once Again - January 10, 2016