by Amy Ferrer, Bill of Rights Defense Committee
Today, the Bill of Rights Defense Committee, together with a transpartisan coalition of the Tenth Amendment Center and Demand Progress, hosted a teleconference on the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) and the state and local efforts opposing it across the country.
Four state and local elected officials who are leading legislative efforts to resist or nullify the NDAA’s indefinite detention provisions participated in the conference:
- Missouri State Representative Paul Curtman (R)
- Rhode Island State Representative Dan Gordon (R)
- Fairfax (CA) Town Councilor Larry Bragman (G)
- Berkeley (CA) City Councilor Kriss Worthington (D)
Campaigns to restore due process and the right to trial are underway across the country. See our campaign maps.
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- The Fed Plans for the Next Crisis - September 14, 2016
- Ending the Department of Education Would Hardly Be “Pure Loss” - September 6, 2016
- The Right Lessons from Obamacare’s Meltdown - August 30, 2016