by Sheriff Richard Mack
There are many freedom-loving Americans out there who have decided to sit on the sielines this election cycle due to the lackluster presidential alternatives we are faced with. I completely understand and sympathize with them. But all hope is not lost. Let me give you four reasons why local and state elections matter and why you should get involved.
1. States and Local Officials Really Can Make a Difference!
The Constitution gives the states all other powers that are not EXPLICITY given to the federal government. Don’t underestimate what one state or local official who is faithful to their Constitutional oath can do to make a huge difference for this country!
2. The Federal Government Will Not Shrink Itself
Limiting federal power will NEVER come from the federal level; it will never shrink itself on its own accord. It is natural and inevitable that they will attempt to expand their powers. We’ve seen that throughout our history. Even presidents that claimed to oppose big government only served to expand its size, role and encroachments on our freedom. That role and duty of limiting federal powers was given to the states.
3. State and Local Officials Have a Constitutional DUTY to Defend Against Federal Encroachment
The founding fathers knew that this ever expansion of federal powers would happen and put a system in place to keep that in check. State and local governments have the Constitutional authority to limit encroachments by the federal government. Just like the three branches of government check and balance each other, so do the states and the federal government.
4. State and Local Officials Have Largely FAILED in this Duty
Due to ignorance, blatant violation of their oaths to the Constitution, overdependence of federal funding, and many other inexcusable reasons, state and local officials have failed miserably in their duty to uphold and defend the Constitution and protect their citizens from government encroachment.
As important as the federal elections are this cycle, it is of critical importance that Americans who value their freedom vote and actively support local and state officials who will be faithful to their oaths to uphold and defend the Constitution.
Don’t sit on the sidelines! We CAN make a difference!
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Colorado House Votes to Bar State Agents from Assisting Federal Police - April 28, 2017
- Tenth Amendment Center Responds to White House Press Secretary’s Comments About Federal Marijuana Enforcement - February 23, 2017
- Promised ‘New Foreign Policy’ Must Abandon Regime Change for Iran - December 5, 2016