A bill has been introduced in both the Missouri State House and Senate to nullify all federal gun control measures. HB436 and SB325 are likely the broadest in any state of the country (20+ states are now considering bills to nullify federal gun control in some form)
HB436 & SB325 declares that the federal government lacks jurisdiction to enforce ANY gun control in Missouri — it protects the guns you bought from in or OUT of Missouri, and it defends us from new or OLD federal gun control laws.
Both bills provide for criminal charges for federal agents attempting to enforce gun control measures in the State of Missouri. Your immediate help is needed to get these bills moving forward!
1. Contact your state Senator and let him or her know that you want them to support SB325. Strongly, but respectfully, inform them that a YES vote on SB325 is the only thing you’ll find acceptable.
Find your state senator here:
2. Contact your state Representative and let him or her know that you want them to support HB436. Strongly, but respectfully, inform them that a YES vote on HB436 is the only thing you’ll find acceptable.
Find your state rep here:
3. Encourage your local community to take action as well. Present the 2nd Amendment Preservation legislation to your city county, your town council, or your county comissioners. Various local governments around the country are already passing similar resolutions and ordinances. Local legislative action present a great way to strengthen a statewide campaign against gun control
Model legislation here:
ADDITIONAL READING AND RESOURCES
Details about HB436 and SB325, via Missouri First
Since the 10th Amendment makes it clear that all powers not delegated to the federal government are reserved to the states and the People, the regulation of the ownership of arms is a state, not a federal matter.
That applies to ALL such regulation.
We must demand from our legislators no less than the strongest, most principled stand they can take to defend our right to keep and bear arms!
Rep. Doug Funderburk and Sen. Brian Nieves’ “Second Amendment Preservation Act” bills are the strongest and most principled protection of the right to keep and bear arms in Missouri!.
Notice that the bills use the words of both Thomas Jefferson and James Madison to explain Missouri’s authority to nullify unconstitutional federal edicts within her borders. Including this language is essential to the success of the bill. It also specifically lists the types of things we will not put up with, and that’s what gives state officials the “cover” they need to enforce the bill.
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- California Governor Vetoes ‘Right to Try’ Act - October 12, 2015
- No, America, You Don’t Need to Comply with the REAL ID Act - September 24, 2015
- Doomsayers Doomed in Washington State Marijuana Debate - August 12, 2015