State Representative Nicholas Schwaderer has drafted a bill to Nullify the Indefinite Detention Provisions of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) within the State of Montana. Your immediate action is needed to ensure that this bill moves from draft stage to the Montana House.
1. LC1810 has until NOON, Saturday the 16th to get co-sponsors. Call your state rep and strongly, but politely, ask them to sign on and co-sponsor this important bill.
Find your legislators here:
2. Be aware that a hearing will come up very fast for this bill. As early as next Monday. Make sure your reps are aware – again – that you want their support.
BACKGROUND ARTICLES AND INFORMATION ON NDAA “INDEFINITE DETENTION”
Note: while some believe that the 2013 NDAA eliminated indefinite detention, it does not. Dianne Feinstein introduced a very weak amendment to 2013 – and it failed anyway. 2012 indefinite detention provisions remain in tact – and the Obama administration is aggressively defending them in court.
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Promised ‘New Foreign Policy’ Must Abandon Regime Change for Iran - December 5, 2016
- Immigration: The Left Again Embraces Nullification of Federal Laws - November 28, 2016
- Defense Spending Must Be For Actual Defense - November 17, 2016