HB13-1045, to stop NDAA indefinite detention is up for an important hearing in the Colorado State House this week.
Your help is needed to get this bill passed!
1. Please CALL and EMAIL all the members of the State, Veterans and Military Afffairs committee. Strongly, but politely let them know that you want them to PASS HB13-1045 so it can get a vote in the full House.
Su Ryden, Chair 303-866-2942
(please thank Su for allowing this bill a hearing!)
Joe Salazar, Vice-Chair 303-866-2918
Tim Dore 303-866-2398
Jeanne Labuda 303-866-2966
Dan Nordberg 303-866-2965
Mike Foote 303-866-2920
Jovan Melton 303-866-2919
Ray Scott 303-866-3068
Steve Humphrey 303-866-2943
Dominick Moreno 303-866-2964
Angela Williams 303-866-2909
EMAIL CONTACT FORMS HERE
2. Make your voice heard AT the hearing.
Wednesday, February 13. call to confirm time, “upon adjournment”
Colorado State House
The Committee chairman has scheduled a hearing for HB13-1045. The bill is in the State, Veterans and Military Afffairs committee. While we know it’s going to be tough to get the bill out of committee, their willingness to give it a hearing should be thanked and encouraged.
BACKGROUND ARTICLES AND INFORMATION ON NDAA “INDEFINITE DETENTION”
Note: while some believe that the 2013 NDAA eliminated indefinite detention, it does not. Dianne Feinstein introduced a very weak amendment to 2013 – and it failed anyway. 2012 indefinite detention provisions remain in tact – and the Obama administration is aggressively defending them in court.
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Oklahoma House Passes Bill to Effectively Nullify All Sides on Marriage, 67-24 - March 16, 2015
- Obama’s ISIS AUMF: Codifying “Mission Creep” - February 11, 2015
- Elite Contempt for Ordinary Americans - November 26, 2014