Texas HB553, The Second Amendment Preservation Act, would nullify federal gun laws within the state. It needs your support right now to move forward!
The bill has been assigned to the House Select Committee on Federalism and Fiscal Responsibility. This bill has not been scheduled for a hearing and committee vote. Your CALLS and EMAILS are needed right now to help this bill move forward.
The Tenth Amendment Center requests your immediate help by contacting committee members to express your support for this legislation. We urge you to CALL and EMAIL.
Strongly, but respectfully, inform your representative that you are concerned with federal infringements on the right to bear arms. HB553 can be viewed here.
Action Items for HB 553:
1. Contact the Chairman
Brandon Creighton (512) 463-0726
2. Contact the other members in the House Committee on Federalism and Fiscal Responsibility
Cindy Burkett (512) 463-0464
Eddie Lucio III (512) 463-0606
Scott Turner (512) 463-0484
Armando Walle (512) 463-0924
3. Encourage your local community to take action as well. Present the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act to your city county, your town council, or your county commissioners. Various local governments around the country are already passing similar resolutions and ordinances. Local legislative action present a great way to strengthen a statewide campaign against 2nd Amendment violations
model legislation here:
4. Get connected to what is happening in Texas on Facebook
Like and get active on the Texas Tenth Amendment Center Facebook page. Also join the Second Amendment Preservation Act of Texas Facebook page here.
ADDITIONAL READING AND RESOURCES
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Colorado House Votes to Bar State Agents from Assisting Federal Police - April 28, 2017
- Tenth Amendment Center Responds to White House Press Secretary’s Comments About Federal Marijuana Enforcement - February 23, 2017
- Promised ‘New Foreign Policy’ Must Abandon Regime Change for Iran - December 5, 2016