HB2161, to Nullify NDAA indefinite detention is up for an important hearing in the Kansas State House this week
Your help is needed to get this bill passed! (read about the bill here)
1. Please CALL and EMAIL the chair, the vice-chair and ranking minority member of the House Corrections committee. Strongly, but politely let them know that you want them to PASS HB2161 so it can get a vote in the full House.
John Rubin, chair
Phone: 785 296-7690
Ramon Gonzalez, vice-chair
Phone: 785 296-7500
Gail Finney, ranking minority member
Phone: 785 296-7648
2. Please CALL and EMAIL all other members of the House Corrections committee. Strongly, but politely let them know that you want them to PASS HB2161 so it can get a vote in the full House.
Steven Becker 785 296-7196
Rob Bruchman 785 296-7644
Larry Campbell 785 296-7632
Blaine Finch 785 296-7655
Brett Hildabrand, bill author
Melanie Meier 785 296-7650
Robert Montgomery 785 296-7677
Tom Moxley 785 296-7689
Janice Pauls 785 296-7657
James Todd 785 296-7695
3. Make your voice heard AT the hearing.
Thursday, February 14. 1:30pm
Kansas State House
The Committee chairman has scheduled a hearing for HB2161. While we know it’s going to be tough to get the bill out of committee, their willingness to give it a hearing should be thanked and encouraged. It’s going to take a lot of support to get this bill moving forward. Please share this information with as many people as possible for success!
BACKGROUND ARTICLES AND INFORMATION ON NDAA “INDEFINITE DETENTION”
Note: while some believe that the 2013 NDAA eliminated indefinite detention, it does not. Dianne Feinstein introduced a very weak amendment to 2013 – and it failed anyway. 2012 indefinite detention provisions remain in tact – and the Obama administration is aggressively defending them in court.
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- No, America, You Don’t Need to Comply with the REAL ID Act - September 24, 2015
- Doomsayers Doomed in Washington State Marijuana Debate - August 12, 2015
- The Federal Reserve’s War on Drugs - August 7, 2015