The Second Amendment Preservation Act to nullify federal gun laws in the State of Ohio has been introduced – and needs your help to move forward.
SB36 has been assigned to the Senate Committee on Public Safety, Local Government & Veteran Affairs. Having a hearing and committee vote scheduled is the first step that’s needed towards passage.
The Tenth Amendment Center requests your immediate help by contacting your state senator to express your support for this legislation. We urge you to CALL and EMAIL. Strongly, but respectfully, inform your representative that you are concerned with federal infringements on the right to bear arms. SB36 can be viewed here.
1. Contact the Committee Chair. Politely encourage him to schedule a committee hearing for SB36.
Frank LaRose, Chair
2. Contact the rest of the members of the committee. Make sure they’re aware that support for SB36 is strong. Let them know, respectfully, that you expect to see a YES vote from them on SB36.
If you prefer email, find contact info at this link:
3. Encourage your local community to take action as well. Present the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act to your city county, your town council, or your county commissioners. Various local governments around the country are already passing similar resolutions and ordinances. Local legislative action is a great way to strengthen a statewide campaign against 2nd Amendment violations
model legislation here:
4. Get connected to what is happening in Ohio on Facebook
Like and get active on the Ohio Tenth Amendment Center Facebook page. Also join the Second Amendment Preservation Act of Ohio Facebook page here:
5. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters
ADDITIONAL READING AND RESOURCES
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Missouri House committee capitulates to feds on REAL ID. Can Still be Stopped. - April 11, 2016
- On REAL ID, DHS Caves Once Again - January 10, 2016
- Yes We Can…Say “No!” to the Feds - December 31, 2015