Alaska’s HB69, The 2nd Amendment Preservation Act, has passed the State House with a 31-5 vote, and it will now move on to the Senate for concurrence. Your action is needed right now to help move this important bill forward!
It has been assigned to the Senate Judiciary Committee. A hearing for House Bill 69 has not yet been scheduled for a hearing. The link to HB69 can be found here.
Please take the action steps below to help ensure that this bill moves on to a vote in the House.
1. Contact the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Strongly, but respectfully, let him or her know that you want them to vote YES on HB69.
John Coghill, chair 465-3719
Lesil McGuire, vice-chair 465-2995
Fred Dyson 465-2199
Donald Olson 465-3707
Bill Wielechowski 465-2435
2. Contact your state Senator.
Let them know you want their support on HB69.
Contact info here: http://senate.legis.state.ak.us/
3. Encourage your local community to take action as well.
Present the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act to your city county, your town council, or your county commissioners. Various local governments around the country are already passing similar resolutions and ordinances. Local legislative action is a great way to strengthen a statewide campaign against 2nd Amendment violations
model legislation here:
4. Share this information widely.
Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters
LEGISLATION AND TRACKING
If you would like to see model legislation to introduce in your state to nullify federal firearm laws, please see The Tenth Amendment Center’s Model Legislation: The 2nd Amendment Preservation Act.
Track the status of 2nd Amendment preservation legislation in states around the country HERE
ADDITIONAL READING AND RESOURCES
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- The Fed Plans for the Next Crisis - September 14, 2016
- Ending the Department of Education Would Hardly Be “Pure Loss” - September 6, 2016
- The Right Lessons from Obamacare’s Meltdown - August 30, 2016