Nebraska Legislative Bill 451 has been referred to the Judiciary Committee.
LB451 states, Any federal law, rule, regulation, or order effective on or after January 1, 2013, shall be unenforceable within the borders of Nebraska if the law, rule, regulation, or order: (a) Bans or restricts or attempts to ban or restrict ownership of a semi-automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm beyond those firearms which are already restricted in Nebraska; or (b) Requires or attempts to require that any firearm, magazine, or other firearm accessory be registered in any manner beyond those firearms, magazines, or other firearm accessories which are already required to be registered in Nebraska.
LB 451 is scheduled for a committee hearing on Wednesday the 20th of March in Room 1113 at 1:30. For this bill to move forward, your help is needed. Please call the committee members and tell them that you expect a YES vote on LB 451.
Action Items for LB 451:
1. Contact the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee. Thank him for scheduling this hearing. Politely encourage him to vote YES on LB451
Brad Ashford (402) 471-2622 firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Contact the members of the Judiciary Committee. Strongly, but respectfully, urge each of the members to vote YES on LB451
Ernie Chambers (402) 471-2612 no email available
Mark Christenson (402) 471-2805 email@example.com
Colby Coash (402) 471-2632 firstname.lastname@example.org
Al Davis (402) 471-2628 email@example.com
Steve Lathrop (402) 471-2623 firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda McGill (402) 471-2610 email@example.com
Les Seiller (402) 471-2712 firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Encourage your local community to take action as well. Present the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act to your city county, your town council, or your county commissioners. Various local governments around the country are already passing similar resolutions and ordinances. Local legislative action present a great way to strengthen a statewide campaign against 2nd Amendment violations
model legislation here:
4. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
ADDITIONAL READING AND RESOURCES
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Local Communities Can Take the First Step Toward Rejecting Federal Militarization of Local Police - September 19, 2017
- Thomas Jefferson on Creating a National Bank - July 27, 2017
- Even Partial Drug Legalization Goes a Long Way in Protecting Property Rights - July 25, 2017