Alaska’s HB69, The 2nd Amendment Preservation Act, has passed the State House with a 31-5 vote, and it will now move on to the Senate for concurrence. Powerful insiders are working to KILL HB69 in the State Senate, and your help is needed right now to push it forward towards the Governor’s desk.
House Rep. Mike Chenault said in a press release “We began work on this bill before the President’s announcement today, and now I’m extremely glad we did. Twenty-three Executive Orders have been signed into law without a review from Americans’ elected representatives. Tragedy is not a license for federal encroachment of constitutionally protected freedoms.”
HB69 has been assigned to the Senate Judiciary Committee. A hearing for House Bill 69 is scheduled on the 18th(Monday) and 20th(Wednesday) of March to be heard in the Senate Judiciary. Your action is needed right now to help move this important bill forward!
1. Contact the Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Thank him for scheduling the hearings. Politely encourage him to vote YES on HB69.
John Coghill, 465-3719
2. Contact all the other members of the committee. Strongly, but firmly, tell them any vote other than YES on HB69 is not acceptable.
Lesil McGuire, vice-chair 465-2995
Fred Dyson 465-2199
Donald Olson 465-3707
Bill Wielechowski 465-2435
3. Participate in the public hearings.
Mar 20 Wednesday 1:30 PM
4. Encourage your local community to take action as well.
Present the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act to your city county, your town council, or your county commissioners. Various local governments around the country are already passing similar resolutions and ordinances. Local legislative action is a great way to strengthen a statewide campaign against 2nd Amendment violations
model legislation here:
5. Share this information widely.
Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters
ADDITIONAL READING AND RESOURCES
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Colorado House Votes to Bar State Agents from Assisting Federal Police - April 28, 2017
- Tenth Amendment Center Responds to White House Press Secretary’s Comments About Federal Marijuana Enforcement - February 23, 2017
- Promised ‘New Foreign Policy’ Must Abandon Regime Change for Iran - December 5, 2016