Arizona State Senator Kelli Ward has introduced SB1112, the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act which would nullify federal gun laws, rules, orders, and regulations within Arizona. The bill passed out of the public safety committee by a 4-2 vote. But, SB1112 is not going to get a vote in the full Senate without your help.
Currently, two state senators, Adam Driggs and John McComish, are preventing the bill from even being debated and considered by the full State Senate. They believe that it’s “unconstitutional” for the state of Arizona to have a law which bans the federal government from violating the 2nd Amendment.
But we believe that “shall not be infringed” has absolutely ZERO wiggle room. When the feds claim the power to take away your firearms – don’t you EXPECT your state senators to uphold THEIR oath to the Constitution?
Adam and John want you to believe that their role is to simply wait for the federal courts to strike down unconstitutional federal gun-grabbing plans. But by the time that would ever happen, the BATFE could be taking self-defense away from you, your family – and anyone you know.
SB1112 would prevent this nightmare scenario from happening. Adam Driggs and John McComish would rather leave you naked from such horrible attacks on your liberty than have some courage – courage to “DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION” – from all-comers.
UPDATE: Hearing on SB1112 is happening at 1pm on Monday, 03-11-13. Make your calls right away to move Driggs and McComish from the NO column to the YES column.
PLEASE ACT NOW TO HELP MOVE SB1112 FORWARD
1. Contact these two senators who are holding up the bill:
While their action is obviously worthy of some anger, please be respectful when calling them. Strongly, but with courtesy, let them know that you want to see SB1112 move forward for a debate and vote in the FULL Senate. No more backing down by Arizona – immigration, then Obamacare – but NOT on the right to keep and bear arms!
2. Contact the Rules Committee Chairman.
Andy Biggs (602) 926-4371 email@example.com
Thank Senator Biggs for considering the bill and encourage him to vote YES on SB1112
3. Contact the rest of the committee. Politely, but firmly, let each member know that you’ll accept nothing less than a YES on SB1112.
4. Encourage your local community to take action as well. Present the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act to your city county, your town council, or your county commissioners. Various local governments around the country are already passing similar resolutions and ordinances. Local legislative action present a great way to strengthen a statewide campaign against 2nd Amendment violations
model legislation here:
5. Get connected to what is happening in Arizona on Facebook
Join and get active in the Arizona’s Tenth Amendment Center facebook page here. Also, join the Arizona 2nd Amendment Group on Facebook to be aware of rallies, hearings, and votes coming up for the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act here.
6. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
ADDITIONAL READING AND RESOURCES
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Oklahoma House Passes Bill to Effectively Nullify All Sides on Marriage, 67-24 - March 16, 2015
- Obama’s ISIS AUMF: Codifying “Mission Creep” - February 11, 2015
- Elite Contempt for Ordinary Americans - November 26, 2014