Kansas HB2199, the Second Amendment Preservation Act, is one of the strongest in the country to defend the right to keep and bear arms. House Bill 2199 has passed the State house, and now the Senate Committee on Federalism and State Affairs. It is heading to the full Senate for a final vote to send it to the Governor’s desk.
The Tenth Amendment center urges your immediate action in support of HB2199.
1. Contact two key State Senators. Our inside sources have told us that Senators Wagle and King may stop the passage of this bill because they think the law will be too strong. Please contact them both and make sure they know the People of Kansas support HB2199 as passed by the House. Strongly, but respectfully, urge them to vote YES on HB2199.
2. Contact your own State Senator. Strongly, but respectfully, let him or her know that you expect nothing less than a YES vote on HB2199.
3. Encourage your local community to take action as well. Present the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act to your city county, your town council, or your county commissioners. Various local governments around the country are already passing similar resolutions and ordinances. Local legislative action present a great way to strengthen a statewide campaign against 2nd Amendment violations
model legislation here:
4. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
ADDITIONAL READING AND RESOURCES
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- California Governor Vetoes ‘Right to Try’ Act - October 12, 2015
- No, America, You Don’t Need to Comply with the REAL ID Act - September 24, 2015
- Doomsayers Doomed in Washington State Marijuana Debate - August 12, 2015