Kentucky’s SB129, The 2nd Amendment Preservation Act, has passed the Senate by a vote of 34-3 and is on to the State House for concurrence. If passed, SB129 would make state law that “Any federal law, rule, regulation, or order created on or after January 1, 2013…shall be unenforceable within the borders of Kentucky if the law, rule, regulation, order, amendment, or other change attempts to: (a) Ban or restrict ownership of a semi-automatic firearm, magazine, or other firearm accessory; or (b) Require any firearm, magazine, or other firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.”
The next step is to pass out of the House Judiciary Committee. Your action is needed right now to help move this important bill forward!
1. Contact ALL the members of the House Judiciary Committee. Strongly, but politely tell them that you want a YES vote on SB129
Contact information here:
2. Call your State Representative. Let them know that you support SB129 and you want them to do so as well.
Contact info here:
3. Encourage your local community to take action as well. Present the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act to your city county, your town council, or your county commissioners. Various local governments around the country are already passing similar resolutions and ordinances. Local legislative action is a great way to strengthen a statewide campaign against 2nd Amendment violations
model legislation here:
LEGISLATION AND TRACKING
If you would like to see model legislation to introduce in your state to nullify federal firearm laws, please see The Tenth Amendment Center’s Model Legislation:
The 2nd Amendment Preservation Act.
Track the status of 2nd Amendment preservation legislation in states around the country HERE
ADDITIONAL READING AND RESOURCES
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- California Governor Vetoes ‘Right to Try’ Act - October 12, 2015
- No, America, You Don’t Need to Comply with the REAL ID Act - September 24, 2015
- Doomsayers Doomed in Washington State Marijuana Debate - August 12, 2015