Oklahoma House Bill 1021 – to nullify Obamacare – has passed the state house by a wide margin and is in senate. Senator Griffin has moved the bill out of the Rules Committee and on to the Appropriations Committee.
The ONLY CHANCE to move HB1021 to the Senate floor appears to be in committee on April 3rd. Please make calls immediately to push the bill forward!
Sen. Griffin had earlier expressed her disapproval of this bill – but she received hundreds of calls, emails and visits in support. She has since worked with Senator Dahm to ensure the bill complies with Senate rules and has not even bothered to bring it up in the Senate Rules Committee. Instead, Senator Griffin has simply sent it along its way to the next step; the Appropriations Committee. Don’t forget, major national forces are against this bill – but your grassroots pressure is working!
ACTION ITEMS for Obamacare Nullification in Oklahoma
1. Contact the chair of the Senate Appropriations Committee. Call and email Sen. Jolley and respectfully urge him to bring HB1021 up for a vote in his committee. Ask him to vote YES on HB1021
Sen. Jolley (405) 521-5622, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Contact all the members of the Appropriations Committee. CALL each of the committee members and strongly, but politely, let them know you want a YES vote on HB1021. Calls can even be made in the evenings and on the weekend. If you reach a voicemail, leave a message. Make sure to let them know you want to speak with them about HB1021 – and request that they call you back so you can get their perspective personally.
Ron Justice, vice-char (405) 521-5537
Cliff Branan (405) 521-5543
Rick Brinkley (405) 521-5566
Harry Coates (405) 521-5547
Brian Crain (405) 521-5620
Kim David (405) 521-5590
Eddie Fields (405) 521-5581
Jerry Ellis 405.521.5614
John Ford (405) 521-5634
AJ Griffin (405) 521-5628
Jim Halligan 405.521.5572
David Holt (405) 521-5636
Tom Ivester (405) 521-5545
Constance Johnson (405) 521-5531
Rob Johnson (405) 521-5592
Bryce Marlatt 405.521.5626
Mike Mazzei (405) 521-5675
Dan Newberry 405.521.5600
Susan Paddack (405) 521-5541
Rob Standridge (405) 521-5535
Gary Stanislawski 405.521.5624
Anthony Sykes (405) 521-5569
Greg Treat (405) 521-5632
Charles Wyrick (405) 521-5561
3. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
4. Join the Nullify Obamacare group on facebook. Get involved with like-minded people in your state and report back to others on any feedback you get when in contact with your representative.
BACKGROUND ARTICLES AND INFORMATION ON NULLIFICATION AND “OBAMACARE.”
Just as the U.S. Supreme Court can offer their opinion and declare a law unconstitutional, the states can essentially do the same thing through a process commonly called “Nullification.” There is a reason that supreme court cases end up with the justices issuing an “opinion.”
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- James Madison on “Parchment Barriers” and the defense of liberty - September 17, 2014
- New Hampshire: A Hotbed for Liberty - September 1, 2014
- James Monroe writes to Thomas Jefferson on State vs Federal Governments - August 27, 2014