OKLAHOMA CITY (March 13, 2013) – Nullification of Obamacare in Oklahoma took a step closer to reality Wednesday when the Oklahoma House overwhelmingly approved a bill that would nullify the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
HB1021 declares Obamacare unconstitutional and calls on the Oklahoma legislature to take action to prevent implementation of the federal health care plan in the Sooner State.
It shall be the duty of the Legislature of this state to adopt and enact any and all measures as may be necessary to prevent the enforcement of the “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” and the “Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010” within the limits of this state.
The bill passed 72-20 and will now move on to the State Senate.
Oklahoma Liberty executive director Mark Kreslins said bill sponsor Rep. Mike Ritze, along with States’ Rights Committee chairman Rep. Lewis Moore, Rep. Dan Fisher and Rep. John Enns all delivered passionate floor speeches prior to the vote, calling on their fellow representatives to step up, and rein in an out of control and tyrannical federal government.
Kreslins also credited strong grass roots support for pushing the bill through.
“This is a great day for nullification and for the liberty movement with the overwhelming victory of HB 1021,” he said. “We want to extend a huge ‘thank you’ to everybody who came out Tuesday to the liberty rally and then talked to your representatives on behalf of the bill. This victory would not have possible without you.”
Ritze said states have to step up and stop the federal government from completely running over the most basic rights of the people and their states.
“Thomas Jefferson made it perfectly clear in the Kentucky Resolution of 1799 when he wrote; ‘That if those who administer the general government be permitted to transgress the limits fixed by that compact, by a total disregard to the special delegations of power therein contained, annihilation of the state governments, and the erection upon their ruins, of a general consolidated government, will be the inevitable consequence.'”
Senator Nathan Dahm will serve as the bill’s primary sponsor in the Senate. It has not been assigned a committee at this time.
Editor’s Note: Next week in South Carolina, Water E. Williams will be testifying on behalf of H3101, a bill to nullify Obamacare in that state. Details HERE
1. Contact your senator: If you live in Oklahoma, contact your senator and ask him/her to support HB1021.
Find your senator’s contact info HERE.
2. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
3. Join the Nullify Obamacare group on facebook. Get involved with like-minded people in your state and report back to others on any feedback you get when in contact with your representative.
LEGISLATION AND TRACKING
If you would like to see model legislation to introduce in your state to nullify state health care exchanges, please see The Tenth Amendment Center’s Model Legislation: Model Legislation: Nullify Obamacare in 4 Steps
Track the status of federal health care nullification legislation in states around the country HERE
Latest posts by Mike Maharrey (see all)
- Rick Santorum Needs a Do-Over for His Do-Over - October 9, 2015
- California Governor Vetoes Bill Taking on Federal Militarization of Police with Load of Crap - October 9, 2015
- Massachusetts Bill Takes on Warrantless Collection of Electronic Data - October 9, 2015