The South Carolina Nullify Obamacare bill (H3101) is moving forward, and your help can keep it on this path!
This bill was on the verge of death, but your support helped it pass in the House Judiciary Committee’s Constitutional Law Subcommittee. It will now require a vote in the full House Judiciary Committee, and while that action won’t be coming for 2-3 weeks, it’s important to start taking action in support right now.
1. Please contact the Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee. Politely ask him to schedule a hearing on H3101 and urge him to vote YES on the bill.
Contact information here:
Representative Greg Delleney, Jr. (803) 734-3120
2. Contact all the other Members of the Judiciary Committee. Strongly, but respectfully, let each of the committee members know that you want to see nothing less than a YES vote on H3101
Rick Quinn (803) 212-6897
Don Bowen (803) 734-3038
J. Derham Cole (803) 212-6790
Dan Hamilton (803) 212-6795
Ralph Kennedy (803) 212-6938
Joe McEachern (803) 212-6875
Elizabeth Munnerlyn (803) 212-6896
Wendy Nanney (803) 212-6877
Tommy Pope (803) 212-6895
Bakari Sellers (803) 734-3003
Anna Thayers (803) 212-6889
J. Seth Whipper (803) 734-3191
James Smith (803) 256-3582
Bruce Bannister (803) 734-3138
Alan Clemmons (803) 734-3113
Laurie Funderburk (803) 734-3044
Jenny Horne (803) 212-6871
Peter McCoy (803) 212-6872
Walton McLeod (803) 734-3276
Chris Murphy (803) 212-6925
Weston Newton (803) 212-6942
J. Todd Rutherford (803) 734-9441
Eddie Tallon (803) 212-6893
J. David Weeks (803) 734-3102
3. Join the Nullify Obamacare Group for South Carolina on Facebook. Get involved, let others know what kind of responses you get, plan strategy and more. http://www.facebook.com/groups/nullifyobamacaresouthcarolina/
4. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
South Carolina H.3101 is a bill to nullify the Affordable Care Act within the boundaries of the state. It reads, in part:
The General Assembly declares that the federal law known as the “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act”, signed by President Barack Obama on March 23, 2010, is not authorized by the Constitution of the United States and violates its true meaning and intent as given by the Founders and Ratifiers, and is invalid in this State, is not recognized by this State, is specifically rejected by this State, and is null and void and of no effect in this State.
The bill also provides for essential teeth – an enforcement mechanism codified in law – to prevent the enforcement of the unconstitutional federal act within the state:
It is the duty of the General Assembly to adopt and enact all measures as may be necessary to prevent the enforcement of the ‘Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act’ within the limits of this State.
Oklahoma has a very similar bill that is pending in their state legislature. It has passed the House and is up for concurrence in the State Senate. Passage of these nullification acts in either state – or both – is what can start a domino effect in other states in the coming year. As more states get on board, it will be up to the good people of South Carolina to find a way to effectuate the teeth of H3101. There will likely be MANY steps to take, as we learn how massive Obamacare’s reach could be.
BACKGROUND ARTICLES AND INFORMATION ON NULLIFICATION AND “OBAMACARE.”
Just as the U.S. Supreme Court can offer their opinion and declare a law unconstitutional, the states can essentially do the same thing through a process commonly called “Nullification.” There is a reason that supreme court cases end up with the justices issuing an “opinion.”
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Constitutional Ignorance and Dereliction on the 2nd Amendment - July 2, 2015
- Oklahoma House Passes Bill to Effectively Nullify All Sides on Marriage, 67-24 - March 16, 2015
- Obama’s ISIS AUMF: Codifying “Mission Creep” - February 11, 2015