Texas House Bill 928, the Second Amendment Preservation Act, had a hearing in the House Federalism committee, but has yet to be voted on. This is an extremely important bill to help protect the right to keep and bear arms. If any state should be passing this legislation, it should be Texas.
The Tenth Amendment Center requests your immediate help to encouraging the Committee to step up and pass this bill on.
ACTION ITEMS for Texas HB928
1. Contact your State representative. Let him or her know that you’d like to see them co-sponsor HB928 and encourage the federalism committee to move the bill forward right away.
Contact information here:
2. Contact the committee chair of Federalism and Fiscal Responsibility Call and politely let Representative Creighton know that you’d a YES vote on HB928.
Brandon Creighton (512) 463-0726
3. Contact all the other members of the committee. Strongly, but respectfully let each of them know that you expect a YES on HB928.
Cindy Burkett (512) 463-0464
Eddie Lucio III (512) 463-0606
Scott Turner (512) 463-0484
Armando Walle (512) 463-0924
ADDITIONAL BILL INFORMATION
Texas House Bill 928, is a short but very comprehensive bill to require the state of Texas and all local government to refuse to comply with or enforce a vast majority of federal gun laws, orders, rules and regulations. It applies to those issued or passed in the past, present or future, providing a strong stand in Texas not just against new proposals, but the status quo.
As Judge Andrew Napolitano has said recently, such widespread noncompliance can make a federal law “nearly impossible to enforce” (video here)
Follow the Texas Tenth Amendment Center and join the 2nd Amendment group for Texas:
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Video: Illegal Spying Below - August 6, 2014
- Landslide Victory: First step to gun control nullification in Missouri - August 5, 2014
- Thomas Jefferson, Opinion on the Constitutionality of the Bill for Establishing a National Bank - August 5, 2014