Ohio Representatives Wes Retherford and Ron Hood introduced HB99 on March 12, 2013, in an effort to protect Ohioans from unconstitutional infringements on the 2nd Amendment. This important bill is finally being given its first hearing Tuesday, April 30, at 4 p.m. ET in room 121 of the State House in Columbus.
Rep. Retherford has asked for a show of support for the bill to help push it through.
Please act now to support your constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms!
1) Rep. Wes Retherford would like to have a room full of supporters tomorrow. The opposition will undoubtedly be there and it’s important that they NOT outnumber those of us who appreciate our God-given right to keep and bear arms. The hearing is at 4 p.m. in room 121 of the Ohio State House located at 1 Capitol Square, Columbus, OH 43215. Be there to support HB99 if you can!
2) If you cannot be there tomorrow, contact the members of the State and Local Government Committee in support of HB99. http://www.ohiohouse.gov/committee/state-and-local-government
3) Tell your friends, neighbors, coworkers, etc. to do likewise! There is strength in numbers!
4.) Click the following link to join our 2nd Amendment Preservation Ohio group on Facebook:
5.) Visit, Like and Share the Ohio Tenth Amendment Center on Facebook to keep track of Tenth Amendment efforts in Ohio:
HB99 prohibits state law agents from seizing firearms except under carefully prescribed circumstances
Except as provided in division (B) of this section, no agency, or employee or agent of an agency, shall seize or authorize the seizure of any firearm from any person who is lawfully in possession or control of a firearm.
The bill also prohibits any state agency from creating a firearms registry. The bill provides criminal penalties for violators of the act.
Latest posts by Scott Landreth (see all)
- Ohio Bill Takes on all Federal Attempts to Implement More Gun Control - February 12, 2016
- Gun Control and the Constitution: There are No Exceptions to “Shall Not Be Infringed” - October 27, 2015
- Kentucky Bill Would Nullify All Federal Gun Control - October 12, 2015