The Kansas 2nd Amendment Protection Act, now signed into law by Governor Brownback, is one of the strongest in the country to defend the right to keep and bear arms! However, the struggle supporting the right to keep and bear arms is far from over.
The new law states that “Any act, law, treaty, order, rule or regulation of the government of the United States which violates the second amendment to the constitution of the United States is null, void and unenforceable in the state of Kansas.”
What’s most important is what is defined by “the second amendment to the constitution of the United States.” The bill clarifies:
“The second amendment to the constitution of the United States reserves to the people, individually, the right to keep and bear arms as that right was understood at the time that Kansas was admitted to statehood in 1861, and the guaranty of that right is a matter of contract between the state and people of Kansas and the United States as of the time that the compact with the United States was agreed upon and adopted by Kansas in 1859 and the United States in 1861.”
Based off this text, the state of Kansas is not allowed to participate in any federal gun control measures that restrict the individual right to keep and bear arms as understood in 1861. As Judge Andrew Napolitano has said recently, such widespread noncompliance will make federal gun control measures “nearly impossible to enforce.” (video here)
It’s going to take work to ensure that this is how things play out. Here’s what you can start doing right now.
1. Contact your local legislators – County, City, Town – and urge them to introduce model legislation in support of the new Kansas 2nd Amendment Protection Act.
local ordinance here (pdf):
2. Become a local leader. If you’re dedicated to the right and keep and bear arms, we’ll provide you with the tools you need to not only act on your own, but to organize and lead others to help support these efforts.
contact us here and let us know – email@example.com
3. Join the Kansas 2nd Amendment Preservation Group on Facebook. This group is the center where grassroots activists can coordinate, task, and activate their communities to stop federal infringements. Click here to join in!
This group is the center where grassroots activists can coordinate, task, and activate their communities to stop federal infringements. Open the toolkit to see how you can help out! Whether you are talking to your council members, speaking at events, educating your neighbors, or help fund gun safety training, there’s something YOU can do!
4. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
ADDITIONAL READING AND RESOURCES
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Texas Bullion Depository Closer to Becoming a Reality - May 24, 2016
- Missouri House committee capitulates to feds on REAL ID. Can Still be Stopped. - April 11, 2016
- On REAL ID, DHS Caves Once Again - January 10, 2016