House Bill 45, the Louisiana Manufactured Firearms and Ammunition Act, is currently in the Committee on Administration of Criminal Justice. It would nullify federal regulations on any firearm made and retained within Louisiana.
This bill states, in part: “all regulation of intrastate commerce is expressly reserved to the authority of the states. Manufacturing and sales of certain firearms, firearm accessories,and ammunition which are manufactured solely within the borders of the state of Louisiana and deemed to be matters of intrastate commerce and are not subject to federal regulation.”
HB45 not only protects the firearms within the state of Louisiana, but will also encourage firearm manufacturers to move to Louisiana from oppressive state laws elsewhere.
Passing HB45 will also promote job growth and protect firearms within the state of Louisiana. Your help is needed to move this bill forward out of committee.
ACTION ITEMS for House Bill 45
1. Contact the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee. Politely but firmly let him know you’d like a hearing and vote scheduled soon. Also encourage him to vote YES on HB45.
Contact information here:
Joseph P. Lopinto III (504)838-5430 firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Contact all the other members of the committee. Strongly, but respectfully let the rest of the committee members know that you want their support on HB45. Tell them that this is not just a bill to protect firearms in the State of Louisiana. This is also a bill that encourages jobs in manufacturing firearms. Passing this bill can encourage those companies seeking a refuge out of states with oppressive legislation. YES on HB45.
Helena N. Moreno (504) 568-2740 email@example.com
Bryan Adams (504) 361-6013 firstname.lastname@example.org
Austin J. Badon, Jr. (504) 243-7783 email@example.com
Terry R. Brown (855) 261-6566 firstname.lastname@example.org
Roy A. Burrell (318) 676-7137 email@example.com
Mickey J. Guillory (337) 457-0194 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lowell C. Hazel (318 )767-6082 email@example.com
Valarie Hodges (225) 791-2199 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dalton W. Honoré (225) 771-5674 email@example.com
Frank A. Howard (318) 256-4135 firstname.lastname@example.org
Terry C. Landry, Sr. (337) 373-9380 email@example.com
Sherman Q. Mack (225) 686-3887 firstname.lastname@example.org
Barbara M. Norton (318) 632-5887 email@example.com
Steve E. Pylant (318)435-7313 firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Get active on Facebook. Join the 2nd Amendment Louisiana group and stay active in support of HB45 and other legislation coming forward. http://www.facebook.com/groups/2ndAmendmentLouisiana/
4. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Missouri House committee capitulates to feds on REAL ID. Can Still be Stopped. - April 11, 2016
- On REAL ID, DHS Caves Once Again - January 10, 2016
- Yes We Can…Say “No!” to the Feds - December 31, 2015