House Bill 45, the Louisiana Manufactured Firearms and Ammunition Act, has been assigned to the State House Committee on Administration of Criminal Justice. It would nullify federal regulations under the “interstate commerce clause” on any firearm made and retained within Louisiana.
This bill states, in part: “all regulation of intrastate commerce is expressly reserved to the authority of the states. Manufacturing and sales of certain firearms, firearm accessories,and ammunition which are manufactured solely within the borders of the state of Louisiana and deemed to be matters of intrastate commerce and are not subject to federal regulation.”
HB45 not only protects the firearms within the state of Louisiana, but will also encourage firearm manufacturers to move to Louisiana from oppressive state laws elsewhere.
Passing HB45 will also promote job growth and protect firearms within the state of Louisiana. This bill was read on April 8th and needs to be approved by committee so it can move to the full house.. Your help is needed right now to make that happen.
ACTION ITEMS for House Bill 45
1. Contact the Chairman of the Committee on Administration of Criminal Justice. Politely but firmly let him know you’d like HB45 to be scheduled for a hearing and vote. Also encourage him to vote YES on HB45.
Joseph P. Lopinto III (504)838-5430 email@example.com
2. Contact all the other members of the committee. Strongly, but respectfully let the rest of the committee members know that you want their support on HB45. Tell them that this is not just a bill to protect firearms in the State of Louisiana. This is also a bill that encourages jobs in manufacturing. Passing this bill can help the economy too. YES on HB45.
Helena N. Moreno (504) 568-2740 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bryan Adams (504) 361-6013 email@example.com
Austin J. Badon, Jr. (504) 243-7783 firstname.lastname@example.org
Terry R. Brown (855) 261-6566 email@example.com
Roy A. Burrell (318) 676-7137 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mickey J. Guillory (337) 457-0194 email@example.com
Lowell C. Hazel (318 )767-6082 firstname.lastname@example.org
Valarie Hodges (225) 791-2199 email@example.com
Dalton W. Honoré (225) 771-5674 firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank A. Howard (318) 256-4135 email@example.com
Terry C. Landry, Sr. (337) 373-9380 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherman Q. Mack (225) 686-3887 email@example.com
Barbara M. Norton (318) 632-5887 firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve E. Pylant (318)435-7313 email@example.com
3. Get active on Facebook. Join the 2nd Amendment Louisiana group and stay active in support of HB45 and other legislation coming forward. http://www.facebook.com/groups/2ndAmendmentLouisiana/
4. Encourage your local community to take action as well. Present the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act to your city county, your town council, or your county commissioners. Various local governments around the country are already passing similar resolutions and ordinances. Local legislative action is a great way to strengthen a statewide campaign against 2nd Amendment violations.
model legislation here:
5. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Texas Bullion Depository Closer to Becoming a Reality - May 24, 2016
- Missouri House committee capitulates to feds on REAL ID. Can Still be Stopped. - April 11, 2016
- On REAL ID, DHS Caves Once Again - January 10, 2016