Louisiana House Bill 5, the Second Amendment Preservation Act, passed out of the House with a vote of 67-25. This bill is in the Senate and waiting for a vote in committee.
HB5 will prohibit the enforcement of any federal law in the state of Louisiana which attempts to either ban the ownership or possession of semi-auto firearms (including magazines and accessories), or impose registration requirements for such firearms.
This bill is in the Senate Judiciary committee where it will need to be passed before moving to the full senate for debate and a vote.
ACTION ITEMS for HB5
1. Contact the Committee Chairman. Politely request that he schedule a hearing for HB5 – and encourage him to vote YES on the bill.
Bob Kestelka (318) 362-3474 firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Contact all the other members of the Committee. Strongly, but respectfully, let each of them know you want them to vote YES on HB5!
JP Perry (337) 740-6425 email@example.com
Robert Adley (318) 965-1755 firstname.lastname@example.org
Yvonne Dorsey Colomb (225) 342-9700 email@example.com
Elbert Guillory (337) 943-2457 firstname.lastname@example.org
Fred Mills (337) 365-8484 email@example.com
Mack White (225) 272-1324 firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Get active on Facebook. Join the 2nd Amendment Louisiana group and stay active in support of HB5 and other legislation moving forward. http://www.facebook.com/groups/2ndAmendmentLouisiana/
4. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
5. Nullify Locally! Introduce model legislation to protect the right to bear arms into your city, town, and county. Click below to download model legislation for your local community.
Model Legislation: http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/legislation/2nd-amendment-preservation-act/
ADDITIONAL READING AND RESOURCES
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- A Republic can “Fleece its Citizens” Just as Well as a Monarchy - October 14, 2014
- Liberty, not Government, is the Key to Containing Ebola - October 14, 2014
- Thomas Jefferson on the Military Draft: “The last of all oppressions” - October 9, 2014