Michigan House Bill 4457 is a strong bill in support of the right to keep and bear arms. It needs your help to move forward!
HB4457 would nullify a large number of unconstitutional federal gun laws. It reads, in part: “A public servant or dealer that sells a firearm in this state shall not enforce or attempt to enforce any act, law, statute, rule, or regulation of the United States government relating to a personal firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition that is owned or manufactured exclusively within the borders of this state.”
The short version? If you own it and keep it in Michigan, federal “laws” don’t apply and the state of Michigan will not enforce them. As Judge Andrew Napolitano has said recently, such widespread noncompliance can make a federal law “nearly impossible to enforce” (video here)
The bill has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee and is waiting to be scheduled for a hearing. Please take the actions below to help move HB4457 towards passage!
1. Contact the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee. Politely encourage him to schedule a hearing and vote. Respectfully urge him to vote YES on HB4457.
Kevin Cotter (517) 373-1789 KevinCotter@house.mi.gov
2. Contact the members of the Judiciary Committee. Strongly, but respectfully, urge each of the members to vote YES on HB4457
Klint Kesto (517) 373-1799 KlintKesto@house.mi.gov
Kurt Heise (517) 373-3816 KurtHeise@house.mi.gov
Bradford Jacobsen 517-373-1798 BradJacobsen@house.mi.gov
Joel Johnson (517) 373-8962 JoelJohnson@house.mi.gov
Angela LaFontaine (517) 373-8931 AndreaLaFontaine@house.mi.gov
Tom Leonard (517) 373-1778 TomLeonard@house.mi.gov
Phil Cavanagh (517) 373-0857 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ellen Lipton (517) 373-0478 email@example.com
Jeff Irwin (517) 373-2577 firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Clemente (517) 373-0140 email@example.com
3. Connect with us on Social Media. Join the 2nd Amendment group for Michigan and get involved in the grassroots effort to pass this bill! http://www.facebook.com/groups/2ndAmendmentMichigan/
4. Encourage your local community to take action as well. Present the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act to your city county, your town council, or your county commissioners. Various local governments around the country are already passing similar resolutions and ordinances. Local legislative action present a great way to strengthen a statewide campaign against 2nd Amendment violations
model legislation here:
5. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
ADDITIONAL READING AND RESOURCES
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Doomsayers Doomed in Washington State Marijuana Debate - August 12, 2015
- The Federal Reserve’s War on Drugs - August 7, 2015
- The Declaration of Independence and Constitutional Interpretation - July 28, 2015