The South Carolina Nullify Obamacare bill (H3101) is moving forward, and your help can keep it on this path! A Judiciary hearing will be held on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 2:30pm, or 1-1/2 hours after the House adjourns, whichever is later, in Room 516 of the Blatt Building, Columbia, South Carolina. Passage of H3101 would be the first time in modern American history that any state in the country has voted to make a federal act unconstitutional – and provided for enforcement of the state act as well – AFTER the Supreme Court has given their opinion to be otherwise.
There are many powerful forces that are working through usually-trusted sources to encourage you to oppose this bill. Don’t fall for it. This is a historic bill with massive implications nationally. South Carolina can lead, and encourage other states to do the same, and even up the ante.
Please take the following steps to support H3101 now. And, keep reading below to learn about this important nullification bill with teeth. Make your calls in the evenings and on the weekends. Leave a message, if needed. By the time the hearing happens on Tuesday, they need to know there is MASSIVE support for H3101.
1. Please contact the Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee. Thank him for scheduling a hearing on H3101, and urge him to vote YES on the bill.
Contact information here:
Representative Greg Delleney, Jr. (803) 734-3120
2. Contact all the other Members of the Judiciary Committee. Strongly, but respectfully, let each of the committee members know that you want to see nothing less than a YES vote on H3101
Rick Quinn (803) 212-6897
Don Bowen (803) 734-3038
J. Derham Cole (803) 212-6790
Dan Hamilton (803) 212-6795
Ralph Kennedy (803) 212-6938
Joe McEachern (803) 212-6875
Elizabeth Munnerlyn (803) 212-6896
Wendy Nanney (803) 212-6877
Tommy Pope (803) 212-6895
Bakari Sellers (803) 734-3003
Anna Thayers (803) 212-6889
J. Seth Whipper (803) 734-3191
James Smith (803) 256-3582
Bruce Bannister (803) 734-3138
Alan Clemmons (803) 734-3113
Laurie Funderburk (803) 734-3044
Jenny Horne (803) 212-6871
Peter McCoy (803) 212-6872
Walton McLeod (803) 734-3276
Chris Murphy (803) 212-6925
Weston Newton (803) 212-6942
J. Todd Rutherford (803) 734-9441
Eddie Tallon (803) 212-6893
J. David Weeks (803) 734-3102
3. Contact your own state representative. Let them know that you’d like to see them co-sponsor H3101 (if they haven’t already), and that you’ll be expecting a YES vote on the bill when it gets to the full House.
Contact info here: http://www.scstatehouse.gov/legislatorssearch.php
4. Attend the Hearing. Strong support – and only strong support – can move this bill forward.
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 2:30pm, or 1-1/2 hours after the House adjourns, whichever is later,
in Room 516 of the Blatt Building, Columbia, South Carolina
5. Join the Nullify Obamacare Group for South Carolina on Facebook. Get involved, let others know what kind of responses you get, plan strategy and more. http://www.facebook.com/groups/nullifyobamacaresouthcarolina/
6. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
South Carolina H.3101 is a bill to nullify the Affordable Care Act within the boundaries of the state. It reads, in part:
(3) It is the stated policy of the South Carolina general assembly that provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 grossly exceeds the powers delegated to the federal government in the Constitution.
(4) The provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 which exceed the limited powers granted to Congress pursuant to the Constitution, cannot and should not be considered the supreme law of the land.
The bill also provides for essential teeth to prevent the enforcement of the unconstitutional federal act within the state:
(A) No agency of the State, officer or employee of this State, acting on behalf of the state, may engage in an activity that aids any agency in the enforcement of those provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 and any subsequent federal act that amends the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 that exceed the authority of the United States Constitution.
(B) The General Assembly…is empowered to take all necessary actions to ensure that the provisions of subsection (A) of this code section are adhered to by all agencies, departments and political subdivisions of the State.
Passage of the bill into law would require the state to refuse the creation of an exchange, medicaid expansion, would empower them to strip licenses from insurance companies that accept monies from the Feds on Obamacare and much more. This covers a big portion of the steps needed to fully nullify Obamacare. No such bill – nothing even close – has been passed by any state in modern American history AFTER the Supreme Court gave their opinion on the constitutionality of a federal act. This is a historic bill with massive implications nationally. And there are many powerful forces that are working through usually-trusted sources to encourage you to oppose this bill. Don’t fall for it.
BACKGROUND ARTICLES AND INFORMATION ON NULLIFICATION AND “OBAMACARE.”
Just as the U.S. Supreme Court can offer their opinion and declare a law unconstitutional, the states can essentially do the same thing through a process commonly called “Nullification.” There is a reason that supreme court cases end up with the justices issuing an “opinion.”
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Promised ‘New Foreign Policy’ Must Abandon Regime Change for Iran - December 5, 2016
- Immigration: The Left Again Embraces Nullification of Federal Laws - November 28, 2016
- Defense Spending Must Be For Actual Defense - November 17, 2016