H3101, the South Carolina Obamacare Nullification Bill, is on the verge of dying this week in the State Senate. The bill passed the House by a wide margin, but has been assigned to a Senate committee that appears unwilling to move the bill forward.
Inside sources has informed us that the only way H3101 will get to the State Senate to concur with the House is by an absolutely massive effort from the grassroots calling committee members to ask them to move the bill forward.
Your help is needed right now or they’ll kill H3101 before it gets to the Senate floor. The time to act is now, not next week. When making phone calls listed below, you can call outside of business hours as well. Make sure to leave a message with your request and ask for a call back as well. Each State senator in the list below needs to know that there is huge public support for moving H3101 forward.
1. CALL the Senate Committee Chair on Finance. Very politely request that he schedule H3101 for a hearing and vote. Encourage him to vote YES on H3101 as well.
Senator Leatherman (803) 212-6640
2. CALL all the members of the Finance Committee. Strongly, but respectfully, encourage each member to vote YES on H3101
Harvey Peeler Jr. (803) 212-6430
John Courson (803) 256-7853
William O’Dell (803) 252-0845
Robert Hayes (803) 212-6240
Larry Grooms (803) 212-6400
Michael Fair (803) 212-6420
Ronnie Cromer (803) 212-6330
Darrell Jackson (803) 212-6048
Raymond Cleary (803) 212-6040
Kent Williams (803) 212-6000
Tom Davis (803) 212-6008
Nikki Setzler (803) 212-6140
Yancey McGill (803) 212-6132
John Matthews Jr. (803) 212-6056
Glenn Reese (803) 212-6108
Thomas Alexander (803) 212-6220
Clementa Pinckney (803) 212-6148
Danny Verdin (803) 212-6230
Kevin Bryant (803) 212-6320
Robert Ford (803) 798-9220
Joel Lourie (803) 212-6116
Paul Campbell Jr. (803) 212-6016
3. Contact your own State Senator. Strongly request that your own state senator co-sponsor and support H3101
contact info here:
4. THANK YOU! Great appreciation goes out to those helping spread the word of this action alert through a significant targeted online advertising campaign. This important marketing effort is being funded by Nutramax Labs, Lancaster SC – makers of Cosamin DS and Cosamin ASU. There aren’t a lot of businesses willing to financially back efforts for liberty – we strongly encourage you to support those who do.
5. Join the Nullify Obamacare Group for South Carolina on Facebook. Get involved, let others know what kind of responses you get, plan strategy and more. The South Carolina Tenth Amendment Center Facebook Page here.
6. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
South Carolina H.3101 is a bill to nullify the Affordable Care Act within the boundaries of the state. The bill reads, in part:
(3) It is the stated policy of the South Carolina general assembly that provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 grossly exceed the powers delegated to the federal government in the Constitution.
(4) The provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 which exceed the limited powers granted to Congress pursuant to the Constitution, cannot and should not be considered the supreme law of the land.
(5,) The General Assembly of South Carolina has the absolute and sovereign authority to interpose and refuse to enforce the provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 that exceed the authority of the Congress. (emphasis added)
The bill also prohibits state cooperation with implementation of the unconstitutional federal act within the state.
(A) No agency of the State, officer or employee of this State, acting on behalf of the state, may engage in an activity that aids any agency in the enforcement of those provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 and any subsequent federal act that amends the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 that exceed the authority of the United States Constitution.
(B) The General Assembly…is empowered to take all necessary actions to ensure that the provisions of subsection (A) of this code section are adhered to by all agencies, departments and political subdivisions of the State.
Passage of H3101 into law would require the state to refuse the creation of an exchange, medicaid expansion, would empower them to strip licenses from insurance companies that accept monies from the Feds on Obamacare and much more. This covers a big portion of the steps needed to fully nullify Obamacare. No such bill – nothing even close – has been passed into law by any state in modern American history AFTER the Supreme Court gave their opinion on the constitutionality of a federal act.
In Federalist #46, James Madison himself endorsed this method as the blueprint for states resisting unconstitutional federal acts.
Should an unwarrantable measure of the federal government be unpopular in particular States, which would seldom fail to be the case, or even a warrantable measure be so, which may sometimes be the case, the means of opposition to it are powerful and at hand. The disquietude of the people; their repugnance and, perhaps refusal to cooperate with officers of the Union, the frowns of the executive magistracy of the State; the embarrassment created by legislative devices, which would often be added on such occasions, would oppose, in any State, very serious impediments; and were the sentiments of several adjoining States happen to be in Union, would present obstructions which the federal government would hardly be willing to encounter. (emphasis added)
BACKGROUND ARTICLES AND INFORMATION ON NULLIFICATION AND “OBAMACARE.”
Just as the U.S. Supreme Court can offer their opinion and declare a law unconstitutional, the states can essentially do the same thing through a process commonly called “Nullification.” There is a reason that supreme court cases end up with the justices issuing an “opinion.”
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Elite Contempt for Ordinary Americans - November 26, 2014
- Illegal “No Child” Waivers Should Raise Much Louder Alarms - November 20, 2014
- Judge Napolitano: Orwellian ‘Net Neutrality’ Anything But Neutral - November 18, 2014