01-23-14 – Passed out of committee, 16-0
01-29-14 – Passed Assembly, 63-6 – transmitted to Senate, awaiting committee assignment.
02-6-14 – Referred to the Senate Committee on Public Safety.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support AB1327
1. Please CALL the chair and the vice-chair of the committee. Strongly, but politely let them know that you want them to schedule a hearing and PASS AB1327 so it can get a vote in the full Senate. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email; yours can make the difference.
2. Please CALL all other members of the committee. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on AB1327. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Post a comment below or reach us through our feedback forum to let us know any information you receive.
4. on Twitter? Retweet
— TenthAmendmentCenter (@TenthAmendment) January 30, 2014
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for AB1327. It is essential to take measures to protect the privacy rights of California residents. Passing AB1327 will help make that happen.
Latest posts by William Kennedy (see all)
- Common Core Moving Closer to Repeal in NC with Your Help - June 24, 2014
- North Carolina House Passes Bill to Withdraw from Common Core, 78-39 - June 4, 2014
- Action Alert: South Carolina Hemp Bill Up for House Vote - April 8, 2014