The Tenth Amendment Center’s four step road map to nullification of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) includes 1.) Refuse to implement the state-run health care exchange; 2.) Reject the Medicaid expansion; 3.) Pass Health Care Freedom Legislation; and 4.) Full nullification of the PPACA inside the state’s borders. Here in Pennsylvania, step 1 has been accomplished and a coalition of activists are currently working to accomplish step 2.
Representative Matt Baker has now continued progress on step 3 with the introduction of HB273, the Health Care Freedom Act. This act provides for the right of the individual to purchase private health insurance and prohibits any law from compelling an individual, employer, or health care provider to participate in any health care plan or system. It currently has 42 co-sponsors and it is assigned to the House Committee on Health, of which Rep. Baker is the chair.
As the Tenth Amendment Center’s Founder, Michael Boldin, noted, “the Health Freedom Act is a powerful step towards the nullification of Obamacare” because it would prevent the state from changing its mind and establishing a state run exchange at a later date. Boldin adds, “if the state establishes an exchange, then that law would violate state law by indirectly compelling employers and individual residents to participate in a health care system”.
- Contact your state representative to express your support for this legislation and ask her to be a cosponsor.
- Contact members of the House Committee on Health to express your support and ask them to vote it out of committee.
- Join the Nullify Health Care Law in Pennsylvania facebook group.
- Sign our Nullify Obamacare petition.
- Action Alert: NDAA Non-Compliance Bill, SB999, Needs Support in the PA Senate - January 13, 2014
- Does US Life Expectancy Data Discredit For-Profit Health Care? - December 9, 2013
- A Retrospective View of Articles from the PA Tenth Amendment Center - December 2, 2013