North Dakota HB1436 would legalize hemp for industrial production and distribution, effectively nullifying the federal ban on the same. It passed the state House 87-5 on 02-20 and has moved to the state senate, where it has been referred to the Agriculture Committee.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS to support this bill.
1. Call the Agricultural Committee Chair, Sen. Joe Miller. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email. Home telephone: 701-284-6547. Cellphone: 701-331-1491
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB165.
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 2-3 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
- Is the Second Amendment Anachronistic? - November 27, 2023
- Now In Effect: Nebraska Allows Permitless Concealed Carry in the State - September 10, 2023
- Now in Effect: Texas Second Amendment Financial Privacy Act - September 1, 2023