After being held in limbo for nearly 4 months by Speaker Diehl, Missouri HB264, a bill that would deny much-needed material support and compliance to NSA warrantless spying operations, has been assigned to the House Emerging Issues Committee. While this committee isn’t likely against the bill, it’s likely that it was sent there because the chair is not known to be a strong supporter of it. Strategically, it’s possible that Diehl did so to ensure that the bill will never move quickly enough to pass before the session ends. Only with strong grassroots support will the bill have a chance to pass!
1. Call the committee chair. Be firm, but professional. Call and urge him to move the bill forward in his committee and to vote YES to send it to the House floor.
Elijah Haahr 573-751-2210 [email protected]
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Strongly, but respectfully, urge each of them to vote YES on HB264.
Gary L. Cross 573-751-1459 [email protected]
Jack Bondon 573-751-2175 [email protected]
Mike Colona 573-751-6736 [email protected]
Jim Hansen 573-751-4028 [email protected]
Ron Hicks 573-751-1470 [email protected]
Jeremy LaFaver 573-751-2437 [email protected]
Bill Lant 573-751-9801 [email protected]
Dave Muntzel 573-751-0169 [email protected]
Sharon Pace 573-751-4726 [email protected]
Caleb Rowden 573-751-1169 [email protected]
Anne Zerr 573-751-3717 [email protected]
3. Call your state representative. Strongly, but respectfully urge them to cosponsor and support HB264. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email, so make sure to take a few minutes to call.
Find your legislators’ information here: http://openstates.org/find_your_legislator
4. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
5. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
- Federally Funded Tech Helps Police Seize Money from Prepaid Cards - December 6, 2016
- Following the Fourth Amendment Would Help Make America Great Again - November 28, 2016
- The Popular Vote: A Frivolous Statistic in the Presidential Race - November 25, 2016