Bill Greene’s biggest claim to fame is spurning Donald Trump and voting for Ron Paul as a member of the electoral college in 2016. But Bill is more than just a “faithless elector.” He’s an assistant professor of political science at South Texas College, and an expert on “constitutional tender” and sound money.
For the latest episode of my SchiffGold It’s Your Dime interview series, I talked to Bill about his experience as a member of the electoral college and the importance of reestablishing gold and silver as legal tender in the United States.
- Bill’s experience in the Electoral College.
- Why the Electoral College is an important feature in the US constitutional system.
- The current movement to abolish the Electoral College and choose the president by national popular vote.
- The problem with fiat money.
- What is “constitutional tender?”
- How states can undermine the Federal Reserve’s monopoly on money.
- Common objections to the gold standard.
- Utah House Passes Bill to Authorize State Gold and Silver Reserves - February 24, 2024
- Indiana House Committee Passes Bill to Take Additional Steps Against a Central Bank Digital Currency - February 23, 2024
- Wisconsin Assembly Passes Bill to Repeal Sales Tax on Gold and Silver - February 22, 2024