From a segment on the 28th Episode of Tenther Radio – starts at approximately 40 minutes into the show. Here’s a collection of what we think are the worst constitutional violations of 2011. There are a LOT more, and so many are so bad it was hard to keep them off the list. What do YOU think was missed – or spot on – from this list?
10. TSA – it didn’t start this year, but it never seems to end.
9. The Jobs Bill – even parts of it. Where does DC get the constitutional authority to provide jobs?
8. Federal Threats to Cannabis farming in CA. They don’t give a darn about states’ rights.
7. Raw Milk Raids by the FDA. Armed food police?
6. SOPA – not passed yet, but a big threat.
5. Assassination of American citizens. Executive branch as judge, jury and executioner.
4. EPA Granting itself more power. Agencies can do that?
3. Patriot Act Extension. Has everyone forgotten that Obama was supposed to be anti-Bush?
2. NDAA. Self-explanatory
1. War on Libya. Undeclared executive branch war. The founders were unanimous in opposition to such a thing.
James Madison: “Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes; and armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few.”