Last session, six Arizona state senators sponsored a 2nd Amendment Preservation Act (SB1112) in Arizona. Sadly, that bill died in committee.
But don’t despair! Options to protect the right to keep and bear arms remain open. Through grassroots efforts in your city, town, municipality and county, you can break down the federal supremacists’ blockade in Arizona.
Even when states failed to interpose, government bodies at the local level can step into the fray. Counties and cities can refuse to assist any federal attempts enforce federal gun laws in their jurisdictions. These measures will not only provide practical protections, they will send a strong message to Phoenix. Successful actions at the local level will put pressure on state legislators in the next session, and the process of passing local measure will serve as an educational tool both for lawmakers and the general public.
Of course, local governments won’t act without citizen input and grassroots pressure. The good news is a few dedicated individuals can make a difference at the local level.
That’s where you can step up to the plate.
Form grassroots local nullification groups. Bring your sheriff, local law enforcement, and your community together. Educate each other on nullification, the Second Amendment, and the Constitution. Teach community members that no state or locality is forced into enforcing federal laws. Then introduce model legislation to preserve the Second Amendment to your local lawmakers. Encourage your city, town, municipality and county officials to refuse to aid, enforce, or provide resources to the federal government when it attempts to violate Second Amendment.
Local noncompliance can create major obstructions and impediments. Federal law enforcement agencies lack the manpower and resources to enforce federal laws on their own. They always require the aid of state AND local law enforcement. As Judge Andrew Napolitano said recently, widespread noncompliance can make a federal law “nearly impossible to enforce” (video here).
It’s going to take work to ensure that this is how things play out. Here’s what you can start doing right now.
1. Contact your local legislators – County, City, Town – and urge them to introduce model legislation in support of the 2nd Amendment.
local ordinance here: http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/legislation/2nd-amendment-preservation-act/
2. Become a local leader. If you’re dedicated to the right and keep and bear arms, we’ll provide you with the tools you need to not only act on your own, but to organize and lead others to help support these efforts.
contact us here and let us know: http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/volunteer
3. Follow the AZ Tenth Amendment Center on Facebook. These groups are the center where grassroots activists can coordinate, task, and activate their communities to stop federal infringements. https://www.facebook.com/ArizonaTenthAmendmentCenter
4. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
ADDITIONAL READING AND RESOURCES
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Oklahoma House Passes Bill to Effectively Nullify All Sides on Marriage, 67-24 - March 16, 2015
- Obama’s ISIS AUMF: Codifying “Mission Creep” - February 11, 2015
- Elite Contempt for Ordinary Americans - November 26, 2014