The Alaska 2nd Amendment Preservation Act (HB69), now signed into law by Governor Parnell, is a strong rejection of federal gun control measures. However, the struggle supporting the right to keep and bear arms is far from over.
The new law states that:
a statute, regulation, rule, or order that has the purpose, intent, or effect of confiscating any firearm, banning any firearm, limiting the size of a magazine for any firearm, imposing any limit on the ammunition that may be purchased for any firearm, or requiring the registration of any firearm or its ammunition infringes on an Alaskan’s right to bear arms in violation of the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and, therefore, is not made in accordance with the Constitution of the United States, is not authorized by the Constitution of the United States, is not the supreme law of the land, and, consequently, is invalid in this state and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state.
and bans the use of assets to
implement or aid in the implementation of a requirement of an order of the President of the United States, a federal regulation, or a law enacted by the United States Congress that is applied to infringe on a person’s right, under the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, to keep and bear arms
As Judge Andrew Napolitano has said recently, such widespread noncompliance will make federal gun control measures “nearly impossible to enforce.” (video here)
It’s going to take work to ensure that this is how things play out. Here’s what you can start doing right now.
1. Contact your local legislators – County, City, Town – and urge them to introduce model legislation in support of the new Alaska 2nd Amendment Preservation Act.
local ordinance here (pdf):
2. Become a local leader. If you’re dedicated to the right and keep and bear arms, we’ll provide you with the tools you need to not only act on your own, but to organize and lead others to help support these efforts.
contact us here and let us know – http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/volunteer
3. Join the Alaska 2nd Amendment Preservation Group on Facebook. This group is the center where grassroots activists can coordinate, task, and activate their communities to stop federal infringements. Click here to join in!
This group is the center where grassroots activists can coordinate, task, and activate their communities to stop federal infringements. Open the toolkit to see how you can help out! Whether you are talking to your council members, speaking at events, educating your neighbors, or help fund gun safety training, there’s something YOU can do!
4. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
ADDITIONAL READING AND RESOURCES
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Oklahoma House Passes Bill to Effectively Nullify All Sides on Marriage, 67-24 - March 16, 2015
- Obama’s ISIS AUMF: Codifying “Mission Creep” - February 11, 2015
- Elite Contempt for Ordinary Americans - November 26, 2014