by Jacob Hornberger, Future of Freedom Foundation
Let’s recap the situation regarding criminal conduct within the U.S. national-security state, just to see how the national-security state has succeeded in corrupting the morals and values of our nation.
People Who Are Considered Heroes by the National-Security State
1. The officials who devised the scheme that plunged America into the illegal world of torture.
2. The officials who actually committed the crime of torture.
3. The officials who induced private telecommunication firms to engage in illegal monitoring of their customer’s telephone calls.
4. The officials who devised the scheme that plunged America into the illegal world of assassination.
5. The officials who have actually committed the assassinations.
6. The officials who devised the scheme to establish a Constitution-free torture and indefinite-incarceration zone at Guantanamo Bay.
7. The officials who have actually supervised and operated the torture and indefinite-incarceration zone at Guantanamo Bay.
8. The officials who devised the illegal scheme to kidnap a man on the streets of Milan, Italy, and transport him to the Egypt for the purpose of having him brutally tortured by the U.S.- supported Egyptian military dictatorship.
9. The officials who actually kidnapped a man on the streets of Milan, Italy, drugged him, and then transported him to Egypt, for the purpose of having him brutally tortured by the U.S.-supported Egyptian military dictatorship.
10. The officials who have harbored the CIA officials who have been convicted by an Italian court for the illegal kidnapping in Milan and who have refused to extradite these convicted felons to Italy to face justice.
11. The officials who have supported, worked with, and trained brutal foreign dictatorships, such as those in Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Tunisia, Egypt, Chile, Guatemala, and many others.
12. The officials who have harbored a CIA operative who is accused of having committed the terrorist downing of a Cuban civilian airliner, killing dozens of innocent people, and who have steadfastly refused to honor an extradition request from Venezuela, where the crime took place.
13. The officials who have imposed and enforced brutal sanctions and embargoes against foreign regimes, which have succeeded in causing untold suffering, including death, for the people of the targeted countries.
14. The officials whose dirty wars have killed countless women and children and other innocent people.
15. Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper’s perjury before Congress regarding the NSA’s super-secret surveillance scheme on the American people and the people of the world.
People Who Are Considered Criminals by the National Security State
1. Daniel Ellsberg, who revealed the national-security state’s lies and crimes arising out of the Vietnam War.
2. Jesselyn Radack, who revealed the national-security state’s brutal and illegal treatment of John Walker Lindh.
3. Bradley Manning, who revealed the national-security state’s lies and crimes arising out of its wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
4. Julian Assange, whose organization WikiLeaks published the information revealed to the world by Bradley Manning.
5. Edward Snowden, who revealed the national-security state’s massive secret surveillance scheme on the American people and the people of the world.
6. Every other government official or government contractor, and possibly also journalists and others, who reveal or publish the national-security state’s crimes to the people of the world.
Originally posted at the FFF blog
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Tenth Amendment Center Responds to White House Press Secretary’s Comments About Federal Marijuana Enforcement - February 23, 2017
- Promised ‘New Foreign Policy’ Must Abandon Regime Change for Iran - December 5, 2016
- Immigration: The Left Again Embraces Nullification of Federal Laws - November 28, 2016