HB436, the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act, passed by a wide veto-proof majority. But, Jay Nixon vetoed the bill. If passed into law, it would nullify virtually every federal gun control measure on the books – past, present and future. There’s a veto-session starting this Wednesday, September 11. Your action is needed today to pressure state legislators to do what they said they would – override that veto!
In recent weeks, the establishment has been coming out very aggressively to stop the bill, and torpedo any effort to override the veto. Mainstream media from the New York Times, to Fox News, the AP and Huffington Post have all slammed HB436 as crazy, unconstitutional, or just plain wrong.
Things seemed to hold strong among Missouri republicans against the media attacks. Those are expected.
But now, there are cracks in the armor and your help is needed to give these politicians the courage needed to override Jay Nixon’s veto on HB436. The last-minute opposition to the bill came from what some consider to be a very surprising source – Missouri Law Enforcement.
The great concern is that Missouri sheriffs and police would be banned from assisting the federal government in carrying out all federal gun laws.
That’s not a concern, that’s the GOAL!
As James Madison said in Federalist #46, this is exactly what states are supposed to do when faced with unconstitutional – or even just unpopular – federal acts. He called it a “refusal to cooperate with officers of the union.” Judge Andrew Napolitano agrees, and recently said on Fox Business that doing so across an entire state would make federal gun laws “nearly impossible to enforce.”
The sad reality is that Missouri law enforcement organizations actually WANT to keep enforcing federal gun control laws and regulations. They aren’t in favor of making those unconstitutional acts “nearly impossible to enforce,” and have used some heavy scare tactics to pressure Republican lawmakers into backing down on the veto override.
But, there’s an explosive report which indicates that there’s a cash motive here. Missouri law enforcement has received $34 million in cash for helping the feds enforce such federal “laws,” and they’re not wanting to lose that free ride. (read about it here)
The choice is simple – let the Republicans back down, or pressure them harder than you’ve ever done before to override the veto on HB436!
Missouri residents, your action is needed today. Not next week. Right now!
1. Call your state rep. A phone call, not an email, is what’s needed. Strongly, but respectfully, urge them to OVERRIDE THE VETO on HB436.
2. Call your state senator. Again, a phone call is needed to ramp up the pressure. Strongly, but respectfully, urge them to OVERRIDE THE VETO on HB436.
3. Attend the rally on Wednesday. A BIG show of support is needed to help override the veto.
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Expanding War without following the Constitution: The Trump Administration and Syria - January 18, 2018
- This Founding Father Will Renew Your Hope for Liberty - December 14, 2017
- National Reciprocity Bill Further Nationalizes Gun Laws - December 13, 2017