Two bills (HB1533 / HB1619) have been introduced this year in the New Hampshire State House which cover the information-sharing step of our 4-step plan to push back against NSA in the states. (read about the bills here)
HEARING DATE – 01-30-14
On 01-30-14, both bills are currently scheduled for a hearing and likely vote in the House Committee on Criminal Justice and Public Safety. They will need to pass by majority vote in that committee to be sent to the house floor for further consideration.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in New Hampshire you live, take these actions today.
1. Call the Committee Chair, Laura Pantelakos. Strongly, but respectfully urge her to move this important bipartisan bill forward to a vote in her committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB1533 and HB1619. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Robert Cushing (D) Vice Chair (603) 926-2737
Gene Charron (R) Clerk (603)887-2172
Roger Berube(D) (603)692-5653
Ronald Boisvert (D) (603)669-0951
Geoffrey Hirsch (D) (603)938-2833
Dennis Fields (R) (603)528-6224
Larry Gagne (R) (603)625-9692
Mark Warden (R) (603)391-2888
Timothy Robertson (D) (603)352-7006
Brenda Grady (D) (603)424-4589
Andrew O’Hearne (D) (603)558-1038
Robert Fesh (R) (603)434-1550
Robbie Parsons (R) (603)652-9009
Steve Vaillancourt (R) (603)271-3661
Stephen Shurtleff (D) (603)753-4563
Linda Harriott-Gathright (D) (603)880-4537
Latha Mangipudi (D) (603)891-1239
Moe Villeneuve (R) (603)472-6928
Kyle Tasker (R) (603)724-4716
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 2-3 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you get.
4. On Twitter? Retweet!
— Nullify NSA (@NullifyNSA) January 23, 2014
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB1533 and HB1619. It is essential to take action against the NSA before their ubiquitous spying operation becomes completely unstoppable. Passing HB1533 and HB1619 will help to make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Rhode Island Bill Would Legalize Recreational Marijuana, Nullify Federal Prohibition - February 23, 2017
- Vermont Senate Passes Bill to Expand Medical Marijuana Program, Further Nullify Federal Prohibition in Practice - February 21, 2017
- Missouri Bill Would Legalize Medical Marijuana; Foundation to Nullify Federal Prohibition in Practice - February 17, 2017