HF2289, a bill in the Iowa house that would put severe restrictions on the use of drones by law enforcement within the state, was introduced earlier this year. It passed through the house by an 87-12 vote. It has now been referred to a Judiciary Subcommittee where it will need to pass by a majority before it can to go the whole senate for consideration.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support HF2289.
1. Call the Subcommittee Chair, Rich Taylor. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the subcommittee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HF2289. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HF2289. It is essential for IA citizens to be protected from invasive drone spying. Passing HF2289 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Missouri Committee Passes Bill to Legalize Medical Marijuana for Some Terminally-Ill Patients - February 16, 2018
- Georgia Bill Would Legalize Marijuana; Foundation to Nullify Federal Prohibition - February 2, 2018
- Rhode Island Right to Try Act Would Reject Some FDA Restrictions on Terminal Patients - January 31, 2018