On January 8, the 4th Amendment Protection Act or SB819 was introduced to protect Missourians from unwarranted NSA surveillance. (learn about it here) The bill was referred to the Governmental Accountability and Fiscal Oversight Committee.
STATUS: SB819 was PASSED through the Governmental Accountability and Fiscal Oversight Committee on Mar. 27. It will now receive a vote from the full senate after it is placed on the schedule.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in Missouri you live, take these actions today.
1. Call Senate President Pro Tem, Tom Dempsey. He is the person most responsible for getting the bill on the senate perfection calendar. Politely urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in the senate. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call your own state Senators. Be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to vote YES on SB819. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
You can find their contact information HERE.
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for SB819. It is important for us to deny support for the NSA at the state level while they blatantly destroy our 4th Amendment rights. SB819 would accomplish that.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Signed by the Governor: Vermont Law Will Increase Access to Medical Marijuana, Further Nullify Federal Prohibition - June 21, 2017
- To the Governor: New Hampshire Approves Bill to Decriminalize Marijuana Possession - June 2, 2017
- Vermont Governor Vetoes Bill to Legalize Recreational Marijuana, Nullify Federal Prohibition - May 30, 2017