On Jan. 8, HB1533 was introduced to protect the electronic data of New Hampshire residents from unwarranted surveillence in the state. It passed through the house and is scheduled to be voted upon in the senate on Apr. 24. A companion bill (HB1619) is also due for a vote in the senate on the same day. (learn about the bills here)
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in New Hampshire you live, take these actions today.
1. Call your State Senator. Be strong, but respectful. Urge your State Sen. to support HB1533 and HB1619. If they do not support these crucial bills, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call them back in a day. It is important to call because a phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
You can find your legislator’s contact information by clicking HERE
2. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
3. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB1533 and HB1619. It is essential to protect the electronic data of NH residents from undue government intrusion. Passing these bills will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- New Hampshire Law Expanding Medical Marijuana Program Now In Effect - August 16, 2017
- Texas Bill Would Legalize Medical Marijuana, Foundation to Nullify Federal Prohibition - August 7, 2017
- Signed as Law: New Hampshire Decriminalizes Simple Marijuana Possession, Foundation to Nullify Federal Prohibition - July 20, 2017