Do you think our Federal representatives (or their staffers) care one iota about representing us?
- How many dozens of letters and emails have you sent your federal representatives in the past year? How many ridiculous form letters (that didn’t even address your concerns) have you received in return and how long did it take? The federal reps don’t care.
- How many calls have you placed to them just to have a patronizing staffer thank you for your call and say they’ll pass on your opinion to Sen. INSERT THEIR NAME? The federal reps don’t care.
- How many polls are available where the people are against any recent INSERT EXTRA-CONSTITUTIONAL LEGISLATION? The federal reps don’t care.
- How many of us told them “no”, “slow down”, “stop”, and “you are out of line” at town hall events this summer to be told that they know better than us little citizens? The federal reps don’t care.
- How many of us citizens participated in multiple tea parties around the country to try and make our voices heard only to be ridiculed as extremists by those elected to represent us at the federal level? The federal reps don’t care.
- How many of us citizens sent a message on September 12, 2009 only to be marginalized by our federal representatives and most media outlets? Pssst…The federal reps don’t care.
How many times have you said to yourself, “it’s like they don’t care!”
Well, that’s because THEY DON’T CARE!
They know what we are going to do when they push us a little too hard (see the six bullets above). Can you say, “predictable?” They know that they can maneuver around enough and then over time the proverbial giant will go back to sleep. This is where we have failed more times than not.
More specifically, our federal elected officials continue to cater to our emotions and buy our vote with promises of dollars for INSERT PORK PROJECT OR ENTITLEMENT PROGRAM HERE. They then tell us it’s going to be ok with them at the helm, you can trust them to take care of the big-boy business in Washington, DC. On top of that, they know we’ll keep bickering over wedge issues which lead to the “our guy is not that bad” or “at least he’s not as bad as the other guy” approaches that simply perpetuate the status quo for fear that we’ll be doomed for eternity!
Let me ask you one last question: We know they’re not adhering to the Constitution, but are they really even representing us?
About 99% (ok, maybe 100%) of the individuals in the current US Congress are either in favor of BIG government or they lack the testicular fortitude to stand up to their party’s aversion to reducing the Federal Government. Hello McFly…This is an enormous problem for We The People!
We all would agree that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. It is time to stop being predictable. It’s time that We The People change our tactics.
This coming Saturday (12-1pm Eastern), Mark Kreslins and I will roll out the first of two major steps for We The People to take back control of an out of control Federal Government. Join us on AM930 WFMD in the Washington, DC area or listen live online at www.WFMD.com. Studio number is (301) 694-9363.
- Wall of Separation: Myth? - January 19, 2012
- Republic, Yes! Democracy, No! - March 31, 2010
- Maryland Sovereignty Resolution - February 24, 2010