I can think of many ways that Republicans directly contributed to what we’ve gotten today – but here’s two of the most prominent, in my opinion:
1. Medicare Part D: Many of the republicans today that are railing on the unconstitutionality of the health care law that’s been signed by Obama are the same people who had NO problem voting in favor of the largest expansion of federally-run health care since the 1960’s. George Bush championed the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003 (MMA) and went into effect on January 1, 2006.
2. The Patriot Act: Many of the republicans today that are railing on the unconstitutionality of the health care law that’s been signed by Obama are the same people who had NO problem voting in favor of a bill rammed through Congress – without even reading it. So, what’s the natural result? When Democrats came to power, they gave us an even longer bill, that many, if not most, have not even read or understood.
The moral of the story? Both parties are responsible for what we’re getting today. And…if you think violations of the Constitution and your liberty started in January 2009, you’ve been missing quite a bit.
- Catching Flak Means You’re Over the Target - October 22, 2021
- Unprecedented Judicial Power: Antifederalist Brutus No. 11 - October 20, 2021
- Florida Legislation Would Set Foundation to End Unconstitutional National Guard Deployments - October 18, 2021