Missouri First reports that, “With a party line 4 – 2 vote, the Missouri Senate General Laws Committee voted to send SB 325 on to the full senate for consideration.” However, there’s a lot of work to be done yet. For one, the president pro tem, Sen. Tom Dempsey, must place it on the calendar promptly and then majority floor leader, Sen. Ron Richard, must carve out valuable time on the senate floor for debate.
PLEASE ACT NOW TO HELP MOVE SB325 FORWARD.
1. Call the following two senators and respectfully, but firmly, let them know you want to see SB325 get a vote – a YES vote – in the Senate
- Call Sen. Tom Dempsey: (573) 751-1141
- Call Sen. Ron Richard at: (573) 751-2173)
Call in the evenings or over the weekend. If you reach a voicemail, leave your message in support of SB325 and ask for a return call as well.
2. Contact your own state senator. Be strong and respectful – and let them know that you want to see nothing less than a YES vote on SB325.
contact info here:
Missouri’s HB 436 Slow Going: In the mean time, the House version of this bill, HB 436, is not progressing as fast as we would like. There’s a chance the House General Laws committee, chaired by Rep. Caleb Jones, will vote on this bill soon. Unfortunately, there is also some talk about rolling some other gun rights bills into HB 436.
- E-mail Rep. Jones at [email protected] Let him know that you’d like to see HB436 passed AS-IS.
Missouri Senate Subpoenas Missouri Department of Revenue over Real-ID: The Missouri Senate, particularly, Sen. Kurt Schaefer, is not going to settle for the evasive answers given by the Director and Deputy Director of the Missouri Dept. of Revenue at an earlier hearing. At that hearing, Sen. Schaefer caught the DoR in a lie about their acceptance of grants from the federal Department of Homeland Security. Listen to this 5 minute exchange he had with the directors. YouTube Audio
Going far beyond a Freedom of Information Request, the Senate subpoenaed the department, demanding documentation under the force of law. Here’s the subpoena
- Missouri Governor Vetoes 2nd Amendment Preservation Act - July 5, 2013
- Missouri Action Alert: Help Pass the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act - March 30, 2013
- Missouri 2nd Amendment Preservation Act: A Call for Action! - March 19, 2013